Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Have You Met the Mormons?

Hola, Hola, Coca-Cola's!

This morning, I finished up the last of the big bag of M&M's my family sent me. And that's the biggest thing I've achieved all week. Just kidding. A whole lotta big somethings happened this week! :)

At the beginning of the week, we were on exchanges, so I was with Sister L---. When we got to her apartment, she was telling me about these referrals she wanted to contact before the night ended. So we go to the apartment, and of course they don't even expect us, so they start cleaning a little and have us sit down. We start teaching them a little about what our messages are going to be about, and this couple just nails us with questions, one after another. We tried explaining things in the clearest, simplest way, but they still didn't seem to get it. Then we finish up, ask when we can come back again, say our goodbyes, and BAM..."Just kidding! We're actually members!"
"...wait...WHAT?!"
"We have proof," they said as they showed me their copies of the Book of Mormon, baptism programs, and naturally, a framed picture of President Thomas S. Monson.
I totally got punked! I was in total twilight zone the rest of the night. No, sorry, Ashton wasn't there.

Also, while on exchanges, we walked this blind dog that just had to stop and smell everything, every step we took, and constantly ran into things. Haha, awww! It was so sad, but we couldn't stop laughing. We're horrible, but he took it like a champ.

We met so many people who are interested in hearing about our message! And that's only from walking around, and talking with everyone. Amazing. 

We had another amazing lesson with D--- on Saturday at the W--- house! The spirit was again so strong, and I felt prompted to invite her to be baptized.
"Maybe!" she said. "But I think I want to learn a little bit more, and find out for myself if it's true before I make a decision."
Cute D---! :)



This morning, D---, B--- (a friend from the ward), Sister P--- and I went to the W--- to watch Meet the Mormons. It was the first time I had ever seen it, and it was SO GOOD! I strongly encourage you all to watch it. After the movie, B--- says, "I've received revelation. I think I'm supposed to go on a mission."
YAY B---!!! :D We have been trying to convince her that she should go on one, but the idea never amused her.
And then, all of a sudden, "I think I just received revelation as well," says D---. "I think the Mormon religion is for me!"
AHHHHHHHHH!!! D---!!! :D
I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head, and it was impossible for me to stop smiling! :) We have a date set for March 21st. [I can totally see this expression on Emily's face as she describes it. She always looks happy, but this is her Really Happy.]

YOU too can, Meet the Mormons here!

We met the CUTEST family in our apartment complex! They are sooo funny, and have got so much soul!
"You can take the girl outta Mississippi, but ya can't take the Mississippi outta the girl."
"Did you say chicken and waffles?" "Gurrrl, you ain't had nothin' 'til you try my chicken and waffles!" 
Oh my, precious. They are my favorite. :)  [haha, I think everyone she meets are her favorite.]

The Date Festival happened all week. Apparently, it's a huge thing. People from all over the world come to California just for this festival. A girl, A---, told us Andy Grammer was going to be there, and told us she could get us free front row tickets! Let me just explain to you how dang much I love Andy Grammer. Ugh, A---! You're like the little devil sitting on my shoulder! Don't worry, I listened to my shoulder angel instead. It's ok, I guess. I have already seen many blessings for not going.

Well, that's all folks! God be with you 'til you hear from me next week!

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

  1. Bwaaahaahaa! I love that they fooled you! And congratulations on the baptism date for Darien. We will be praying for you and her. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.