Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Those Everyday Miracles

Hey everyone!

Had another totally awesome week!

This Wednesday is transfers, but I already found out that Sister P--- and I will be staying here in La Quinta this next transfer! Woohoo! :) I don't know what I would do without her.

A couple weeks ago, we saw a girl named S--- walking home from the school bus. We talked to her for a little bit and she told us her birthday was coming up, so we told her we would send her a card. Last week, on exchanges, Sister B--- and I went to her house and knocked on the door. S---'s mom answered and told us how sweet we were to think of her daughter. Then, all of a sudden, "Would you like to come in and pray with us?" It totally caught me off guard. "Umm...yes!"

We walked in, and there, laying on the couch was S---'s sweet six-year-old little sister, M---. M--- is autistic, and was diagnosed with a brain tumor in April. She is now is hospice care. We tried so hard not to tear up, but that was nearly impossible. We read a scripture in the Book of Mormon about how Heavenly Father loves the innocence of a child, and how everyone should be like that. I've been praying everyday for that little girl. We made the most delicious cookies in the world with Sister A--- a couple days ago, so we took them to their family. M--- was feeling a lot better that day. The power of prayer is so real!

We went to D---'s house the other day, and there were cop cars everywhere. Didn't surprise me at all. Her sons are constantly getting in trouble with the law. On our way down the street, after we came out of their house, a cop stopped us and started interviewing us. Never thought that would ever happen on my mission.

We talked to a guy with tattoos all over his face. He said he believes in Jesus Christ and knows He can forgive him of his sins. We later found out that he's in a gang. When we baptize him, it will be the coolest story ever told.




On Thursday, we had dinner with the F---'s! I just love them! He comes strait from Italy, so they made us the most delicious homemade spaghetti and meatballs! Ugh! SO GOOD! Sister F--- knew it was my birthday last week, so she made me an almond raspberry cake! Best meal I've ever had. I feel like my birthday is just never going to end!




Today is P-Day, so Pres. Van Cott's counselor, Pres. Madsen, took us golfing this morning! I've never been golfing before! It was fun, and I was actually pretty good at it, but it's a lot harder than it looks. My hands are all blistered up now.

I read an article by BYU studies about Chiasmus in the Book of Mormon. I encourage all of you to look it up! It's so much more proof that the Book of Mormon is sooo true! I can't really explain how it works, so seriously, go look it up!

Well, that's about it this week. I encourage all to write! Letters are a missionary's very best friend! Also, I encourage all of you to think of those big or small miracles that have happened throughout your week. I would love to hear about them.

Have a miraculous week!

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are enjoying the sunshine. This time of year 15 years ago, I was slogging through more than a foot of snow in sub zero weather to tract in Iowa. Still, the little miracles that I witnessed along the way kept my heart warm.

    As to the facial tattoos, we met a man covered with tattoos and I commented to my companion that he needed some repentance, to which she quickly replied, "no, he needs the resurrection!" Some day that will heal us all from brain tumors, tattoos, or whatever else life brings us.

    I love you, Sister Sommers! You continue to be in my family's prayers. Too bad I really stink at picking up a pen and paper. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.