Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I Don't Even Know Espanol!

Hola Amigos!

First off, OH MY GOSH, this week is my very last week of training! But how?! I just got here! It's so crazy how each week seriously only feels like three days! Guess I better start working faster, so we can help save these people.

The District
I forgot to mention in my last email, I got to train a sister on her first day! I was training while in training. Weird! Our companions had to go to an MLC meeting since they are both Sister Training Leaders, so that's how I ended up with Sister G--- on her first day out in the field. Sister Peterson told me President Van Cott must really have a lot of faith in me. Aww, cute President :) ...just don't be too faithful. He might make me start training sooner. I'm not ready for that yet.

Sis M--- and Sis Sommers
This week, on exchanges, I got to go to Spanish Land with Sister M---! Ohh Spanish Land...the place where I get to speak my useless high school espanol I haven't used in two years. But it was fun! We got to teach an English class to an investigator who doesn't speak a lick of English. I also got to meet the cutest Hispanic family! The two youngest boys were the only ones who spoke English. They've only taken two years of English, and they're already fluent! The youngest boy, S---, said the opening prayer in Spanish, but later on, Sister M--- told me what he said, "Please help Sister Sommers to feel comfortable here because we like her. And please bless her that she will be able to learn a little Spanish before she has to leave for her area."
UGH! HE JUST MELTS MY HEART!!!
One of the daughters showed me some stories she's written. They were all in Spanish, so I couldn't read them. Sister M--- told me her stories were scarier than a normal nine-year-old should write. She then proceeded to tell me, that this little girl is schizophrenic. So yes, she sees things that normal people shouldn't see, and then writes stories about it. I can't even imagine how painful that must be.  

Sis Sommers and her Spanishfriends
I was so excited, but then realized our little amigo wasn't home. :( I just fear for the little lizards that run around over here. They're quick though, so I don't think they need to worry much. I have yet to catch a lizard. That's one of my goals before I go home. Oh yeah, and the people. I fear for the people as well. I'm watching out for black widows and scorpions.

I hear Ohio is like an arctic blast! It's insane what people are telling me! I can't even imagine since I'm always in short-sleeves and sweating...except for yesterday. It rained all day yesterday and didn't even stop once! The desert could use some of that, but us missionaries are thinking different. Luckily, we have a car.

We're teaching the cutest lady named P---! We found her husband, at first, working outside, so we started talking with him. We gave him to the Spanish Elders, but then found out his wife, P---, wanted English-speaking sisters! Hooray for us! She is so prepared, it's unreal! She'll be baptized before we know it!

Sooo, those were my adventures this week!

Hasta Lavista!

Hermana Sommers

1 comment:

  1. Hola, Hermana! (I don't have a clue how to do that upside down and backwards, so you get what you get!) I knew that you weren't going to make it through 18 months in southern California without needing Spanish. :) It's great to hear that you are teaching someone who is prepared for the message. That is always a huge blessing. We are praying every day for you and for your investigator. Love you, Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.