Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Missionary Superbowl

Hey there, folks!

Thumpin'
Happy Belated Easter, and today is the day our Savior was born, so...Merry Christmas...?

So this week was pretty adventurous!

First of all, General Conference was amazing as always! We could all tell they wanted us to use the atonement and also get married. The missionaries who are going home next transfer were freaking about all the marriage talks. My personal favorites were Elder Uchtdorf's, Elder Holland's, Elder Eyring's, Elder Brent H. Nielson's, and Elder Wilford W. Anderson's. Sorry, it's hard to pick just one! Poor President Monson; I was a little disappointed when I found out he wasn't going to end the conference. He could really use our prayers. Also, during the beginning of the second session, I could seriously feel the whole world tense up while we were sustaining. All of them could use our prayers. I am so grateful for a prophet who leads and guides us in these modern days. Otherwise, I would be so lost in this crazy world.

I finished the Book of Mormon on Friday! Woohoo! That always feels good to say. :)

A couple days ago, I WAS STRUCK DUMB! Ok, not really, I just totally lost my voice. It's day three, and I still can't speak! It's a good thing those gorillas at the zoo, a few years ago, taught me a few tricks with their signing skills!

Last week, after the Women's Conference, a lady came up to us and said, "You know, my husband is a chiropractor. I can get him to adjust your backs for FREE because you're missionaries!"
YAY MISSIONARIES!!!
And so that's what we did. But don't worry, we also shared a lesson with them. 

Last Tuesday was pretty scary. Sister Wagner and I were at a gas station, near a pump, getting ready to fill up our car. Before we got out, I glanced over and saw a suspicious guy put something inside of a green backpack. He walked over to the pump in front of us, and placed the bag beside the pump, then walked away.
"Did you just see that, Hermana? It's probably a drug deal," I said shaking my head.
Sister W--- got out of the car and brought the bag over. With the door opened wide, she set the backpack beside the car.
"Hermana! What do you think you're doing?!"
"I'm not gonna let someone get away with a drug deal," she responded while dialing 911.
"Sister! Put the bag back!"
And then, the worst happened. The guy came back from around the corner to check on his bag. From his reaction and language, I could clearly tell he desperately needed whatever was in it. I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest as he walked over to our car and spotted his green bag.
"Who do you think you are?" he shouted as he snatched it and walked away.
Poor Sister W--- felt absolutely AWFUL afterwards. But we're safe, and that's all that matters. The Lord always protects His missionaries.

That's about it! Everyone tell me what your favorite talk from General Conference was! You can also send me favorite past General Conference talks if you'd like. Those are always fun to read during my personal study time. 

Be safe, and follow the prophet!

Redlands Temple
Sister Sommers           
Great and Spacious Building

La Quinta Sunset

Johnny Rockets

Hermana Y-, Hermana M-, Sis Sommers, Sis W- 



The Strawberry Shake
Sis Sommers and Hermana Y---

3 comments:

  1. So sorry your voice is gone. Our family has been passing around lots of bad germs lately too. Happy belated Easter and Christmas to you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voice gone!
    That smile....never!
    Be well, sweetheart!
    🙏🙏💗🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Hermana: call 911 first!
    We live in crazy times!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.