Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's a Good Life

Hey there!

Wednesday we had i-Pad training! Whoop whoop! Elder Schwitzer, one of the 70, came in and trained us on how to use those magic boxes.
"When you go home, you can tell everyone you worked from B.C. to A.D. (Before Computers to After Digital)."

Good news, I can eat my sweets again! Bad news, I'm gonna gain a million pounds! But I do exercise in the mornings, so it'll probably only be about a thousand.

Yesterday, Sister P--- and I gave talks in Sacrament meeting. I spoke on how we can receive the light of Christ, and how I decided I was going on a mission. Now I've inspired all of the YSA to go on missions, if they haven't already...right? Right.

Last night, was kind of a scary moment. We ran across a busy road, trying to get to our car from a member's home, and right in the middle of the street, I lost my shoe. I tried to pick up my shoe several times, but it kept escaping my hands. This kind of stuff only happens in the movies! But where is the man who's supposed to save me? Of course a man isn't going to save you, you're a missionary! I almost just left it there because traffic was coming close, but luckily I was able to finally grab a hold of it, and got out of the way just in time. Wheww!

We're teaching a young girl and she is the cutest redhead. :) We've been teaching her since the beginning of the transfer, and she's been reading the Book of Mormon everyday! Every week, she goes to school, works at, volunteers at three different hospitals, and yet, still manages to meet with us once a week, and reads from the Book of Mormon everyday! She can already see the blessings that come from reading it. It's also super good because her fiance comes to all the lessons. Oh yeah, and she wants to be baptized by the end of this month. :)

I heard what happened to our beloved apostle, Elder L. Tom Perry. He was filled with so much love and passion for the gospel, you just knew his whole heart was in it. Thank you for your bright, energetic spirit, and all the years you have served the Lord. There is a special place in Heaven for you. I know, on the other side, you will continue to serve Him.

Lots of people always thank me for serving a mission because they know it's hard. Sure it's hard, and I have to make a lot of sacrifices, but like I said before, it's worth it! I have the opportunity to meet lots of different people, and knowing some of them, makes my life seem like a piece of cake, even on the mission. I feel so blessed to have friends and family who love me. I feel so blessed to be serving a mission. And I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel. 

It's a good life.

Sister Emily KaeLynn Sommers
[I guess California is serious about conserving the water.]

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.