Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Round Two

Hey Guys and Gals!

First things first...J---'s baptism....
HE DID IT! After 2.5 years of investigating the church, J--- finally got baptized! It took six hours to fill the dang font, but that's ok, anything to help that kid become a member. :) For a long time, he had some doubts, but it just took one lesson with that helped drastically progress. A couple days before he was baptized, he shared the most powerful testimony with us about the Spirit. He knew that the Spirit dwelt here, and that's how he came to know for himself that this gospel is so true! After his baptism, his countenance totally changed, and he is so, so happy! On Sunday, he was able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and was also able to receive the priesthood. We are so proud of him. He had to make a lot of changes, but he knew it was worth it.
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all things shall be added unto you."


This is a pine cone?!?!
Transfers are this week...and I'm getting transferred! :( I'll be serving in Desert Hot Springs, so back to the desert I go...but in the summer. Oh dear. The best part was when the AP's called yesterday, and
told me I had to leave the very next day. So right after I'm done writing y'all, I'll be leaving for the desert. The crazy part is my companion is Sister W---! AGAIN! WHUUUUT? That is such a relief though, I know exactly who she is, and we get along quite well. :) I'm really going to miss serving in the Northpark YSA Ward with Sister P--- and Sister R---. They are amazing! I'm pretty sure there was
a reason Sister R--- and I were together for only four weeks. We are so CRAZY together! :) It's ok though, Sister P---'s sanity balanced us out well. Sister P--- will be staying here at Northpark, and will be doing some follow-up training. Sister R---...well, she's going home! Her 18 months are all up! So weird that will be me someday.

Well, that's all the time I really have. Have an amazing week!

Sister Sommers
Bowling, last day in San Bernardino.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, baptisms are the best! Glad that you were able to help him have the break through. Maybe you should turn that water on a little harder though to fill up the font faster next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.