Friday, September 11, 2015

Half Way There and Living on About 25 Prayers a Day

Hello World!

This week I turned 9-months-old! HALF-WAY MARK!!! WHOOP, WHOOP! I could've had a baby! Good thing I didn't, that would've just made my mission a whole ton of awkward.


Ugh, I can't believe my little brother is in High School! I'm glad he has some bomb-digitty teachers though! AND my little sister is going to be a college girl next week? Umm...I don't think that's right. And why the heck does she all of a sudden look like a supermodel?! Someone tell her to stop that, or she's gonna be married, with a kid by the time I get home.

Found out that one of the members, Brother C---, served in Ohio. One of the wards he served in was the Akron Ward! I asked him if he knew the T---'s, and he for sure did! The next time we go over there for dinner, he's gonna show me pictures from his mission to see if I recognize anyone else. That'll be super weird.

Lots of interesting things happened this week. First, we were at a member's house for dinner, and she was telling us about how her car was keyed that day. Then, Elder M--- called us Wednesday, asking us why we bought gas twice on the Sabbath. Someone totally stole the number off our card. How rude to break the fourth and eighth commandment. It's ok now, we got a new one. Next, our Ward Mission Leader, Brother C---, was telling us how he saved this 12-year-old from getting kidnapped. After that, we were talking to our friend, G--- and his dog named Friday, we see on our morning runs, and he said that a lady had just stolen his car. The police found his car after a few days of searching, but then found out it was totally destroyed on the inside. Lastly, a couple of brand new missionaries stopped by at the church for a little while, only to be informed by some guy who just called the police because someone had just stolen all of their luggage out of their car. Please keep these elders in your prayers. Sister W--- and I have been extra cautious about our surroundings. The bad part is the police force doesn't seem to be very on top of things. It's a good thing that the Spirit can warn us of things like that.

Well, that's about all! Have a great and safe week!

Sister Sommers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.