Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Don't Drink Dumb Things!

HELLO! Sister Sommers here!

This week was kinda crazy and super long.

Tuesday, we witnessed an arrest....at the library. Haha, who woulda thunk? The guy was sitting in front of a computer, waving his arms everywhere. The security guards asked him to stop, but obviously drunk, he just argued right back. It's not the first time this has happened. The police shortly arrived.

That obviously wasn't our first experience with drunks. Just last week, we were going around a neighborhood trying to get some neighbors to sign one of our member's birthday cards. We ran into a lady and her husband who were just totally plastered. I didn't realize it until I could smell the alcohol on their breath and kept noticing how close the guy was getting to Sister W---. After they found out we were missionaries, the lady kept saying, "oh my goodness, you're missionaries? Oh my, I just wanna tell you how much I love you, and tell you that you're doing a great work for Jesus, and I just wanna give you a hug!" And then the guy kept saying, "you two better be carful out here. Desert Hot Springs is a dangerous area. Uncle Tom is scared for both of you." And before we knew it, he was giving both of us a hug. All I could think was, "AHHHHHH!!!!" And then we TOOK OFF.

Wednesday, I got a text from the AP's, saying that two of my investigators in Lake Arrowhead, F--- and D---, were getting baptized! HOORAY!!! :) So Sister C--- drove me all the way up to the mountains so I could be there. Wow, she's amazing! We got totally lost, trying to find the building, but found it just in time. It was an awesome baptism! Sister R--- even came back for it. It was so nice to see her. Sister P--- made it too! Driving back was kind of rough though. I guess Sister C--- made a big wrong turn because before we knew it, we were already in Big Bear! Oh boy, that wasn't good. That's not even in our mission. BUT, with the help of a little faith and lots of prayers, we made it safely back. It took two hours to get there, and three hours to get back to DHS. Doesn't really help that I only served up there half the time for four weeks, and I'm the worst navigator in the world. So that was an adventure.

Last week, I was sent a picture of N--- (Sister R---)...WITH MY SISTER!!! My last mission companion and my sister are in the same Ward at BYU-I! CRAZY!!!

Hope you have thoroughly enjoyed reading all about my crazy awesome week.

Sister Sommers


1 comment:

  1. I'm just surprised that mission cars don't have GPS. Glad that they have HGPS (Holy Ghost Protection System) in place though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.