Saturday, October 17, 2015

How Do You Spell "Water"? N-O-N-E

'ello, Mates!

Not too much happened this week. But the weather thinks it's cool to change things up. It was so nice and cool at the beginning of the week, but then it was like...PSYCH! GOING BACK TO TRIPLE DIGITS! Ugh, I just want to wear one of my ten cardigans that are still waiting to be worn.

I found out that the F---'s, a couple that I worked with in La Quinta, are being sealed in the temple soon! Oh what a glorious day that will be!

One thing that I've noticed about the road that we live on is that everyone is so dang nice! Every morning, when we walk our street, almost everyone waves and smiles at us. What a blessing. There's this one cute old Mexican guy that we see every morning as he drives past us in his old, rusted truck. One day, he slowed down, rolled down his window, and said, "I call this "the road where the two angels walk." On another occasion, we could see an older guy from a distance wearing all black with long black hair, big gagues, eyeliner, and combat boots. The guy looked a little more questionable as we got closer to him, but nothing really told us to turn back, so we just smiled and gave him a simple "good morning!" Not really expecting it, he gave us the friendliest smile, and enthusiastically replied, "Why, good morning! Beautiful day isn't it?"

There are so many bunnies in our yard. It's so cute to see them chasing each other from my window. When we go out in the mornings, I try to chase them and see if I can catch one. I just know not to chase them after its rained or else I'll end up in the mud like one of dad's missionary companions. But it doesn't rain here, so it's all good.

Haha, just kidding, it's actually not good at all. This drought is unbelievable. The S---'s usually water their grass every morning and evening. Now they can only do that two days out of the week. It's so sad, it's only been a couple of days, and their beautiful grass is already going brown. Sister W--- and I only do the dishes when the sink is entirely full, and we have to do only one load of laundry so we mix everything, which is really no big deal to us. But then, Brother S--- told us the three words I had always feared would come out of his mouth: "five-minute showers." Sooo, I'm learning how to do that. Well, at least I have warm, running water, so I really shouldn't be complaining.

Sister S--- burned a bunch of church music we could listen to, and one of the albums was "Saturday's Warriors"! My gosh, I haven't seen that movie since I was like four, so I don't remember anything about it. But one thing that I do know is that it has the cheesiest music of all times. Haha, wow, it's bad. I can't wait to go home and try watching it again so I can sing along to all the bad music. But thanks to dad, I know one song. :) Sister W--- and I blast it up every time. "I'M SAILIN' OOOOOOOOOOOOOOON..."

So keep "sailin' on", everybody! Because you probably have more water than we do.

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

  1. We are not the ordinary, fearlessly extraordinary, working, righteous, hari-kari, in our humble way... Thanks for sticking that one in my brain!
    Looks like some of the drought is coming to an end in an awful way. Praying that you stay safe and hydrated. And that you don't get stinky from a lack of showering.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.