Monday, November 9, 2015

This is Halloween

Sister "Elsa" loves reading the Book of Mormon
Hey, Happy Halloween, everyone!

Also, I'd like to give a big shoutout to Jordan Coburn, Kristina Katanic, and Nicole Rhoads! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!! :)

All Halloween afternoon, we got to volunteer for a Halloween carnival where we were in charge of games and face painting. Haha, I'm not so sure why I volunteered to do that; I can't paint to save my life. Sorry dad, I don't have paint in my blood. I feel bad for the first kid who wanted a pumpkin. Hopefully he didn't look too closely in the mirror. I guess it didn't help that the paint was super cheap and we mostly just drew with face crayons. But after that, they weren't too shabby, if I do say so myself. But that's only me talking.

By 6:00 p.m., all the missionaries have to go back to their apartments. I'm grateful; San B by itself is already Sketchville. Usually on holidays like these, President asks us to use that time to start weekly planning. This time, he wanted us to just get caught up in our journals. Woah, that's pretty sweet! Especially since I am the WORST at writing in my journal. Ugh, so much repenting to do.

Yesterday evening was kind of a panic. Every fast Sunday, after church, in the YSA Ward, we have "Break the Fast". Wow, bless those wives of the bishopric who make all that food every month! We had tacos, but the rice had peas in it. I thought I could just simply take all the peas out of the rice and just eat it like that because I've had no problems with it like that in the past. Ten minutes after I ate my taco, my heart started racing. Oh no...not good. Soon after that, my whole body started burning up. Everyone at my table looked at me funny and asked me if I was ok. 
"Umm, I probably shouldn't have eaten that..."
Good thing Mark, one of the YSA, who is an EMT, came to my rescue. He asked me how I was feeling and checked my pulse. He told me it was a little faster than normal, but as long as my throat wasn't closing, I would be ok. I was a little off the rest of the evening, but no swollen face, and no swollen throat! I truly feel the the Lord is preserving me.

Y'all have a great week, now!

Sister Sommers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.