Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Rain in SoCal Stays Mainly in My Shoes

Hello out there!

This week, it rained! Good. SoCal needs it. Funny story about that, though. Last night, we had parked by the curb of the road, leaving about a foot between the car and the curb. It was super dark, so when I stepped out, I stepped into this huge puddle of water. I gasped and then squealed from the cold water. Sister B---, not knowing what had just happened, ran to the other side to make sure I was ok. I looked at her with big eyes, took my right shoe off, and turned it upside down, letting a good handful of rainwater trickle to the ground. We were laughing SO hard! :)

Tuesday, we went to go set up our booth at Valley College, and we saw the News van there. They are still interviewing people about the shootings that happened last week. I feel for the families who were affected by this, and I pray for them a lot, but I honestly can't wait for all of it to be over with.

At the beginning of the week, while we were at the store, a lady saw us and said, "Hey, could I get I picture with you guys?" Sister B--- and I looked at each other, and back to her. "Umm...sure!" Turns out, her sister had been a recent convert, and she thought it would be cool to send her sister a selfie of the three of us. Yeah, that was a cool idea. Now, if she got baptized, her coolness rating would be a good solid 10.

Speaking of baptism...A--- GOT BAPTIZED!!! :) WOOHOO! We are so dang proud of him! The very next day, he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood. Also, our recent convert E--- passed the sacrament for the first time. *sniff, sniff :')

Have all of you seen the new video the church has put out? "A Savior 
is Born" is SO GOOD! If you haven't seen it, I invite you to watch it. If you've already seen it, then GO WATCH IT AGAIN because it's so beautiful! 

1 comment:

  1. Have a super happy Christmas. There is no greater joy than sharing the gift of His life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.