Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ending in the Desert

Hello world! Good day to you!

Well, this was one of those weeks where you feel like nothing happened and everything happened.

First of all, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED General Conference!!! I'm all like, "YEAH! LET'S GO CONQUER THE WORLD!" I am so sad it's over. :(  feel like I love them more each time I watch them. If you missed it, it's ok, you can repent later and watch it online! Or just wait until the next Ensign comes out. President Monson didn't speak for very long (probably because he knows his limits by now) but it almost looked like he could've had a little skip in his step. He looked a lot better than he did before. Our cute prophet. :)
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SU_3-4-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

This morning, I started the "My Plan" program. It basically helps missionaries who are about to go home transition easier. It helps you set goals and makes you realize that mission life isn't necessarily over when you go home. You can still share the gospel with others, and you can apply just about anything you do as a missionary to real life. So that will be a part of my morning studies for my last six weeks out in the field.

We got a text from President Van Cott this morning, saying that we will be staying in Desert Hot Springs this next transfer! WOOHOO! :) I get to end in the desert.

So that was basically my week. Sorry for the short story. It's ok, you're probably all thinking, "Phew, I only have to read a little bit this time." ;)

Later Skaters,

Sister Sommers


1 comment:

  1. What a great mission you have had. Here's to 37 more wonderful days!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.