Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Time is Far Spent, There is Little Remaining

Hello, dearest friends and family!

It's ok, just a couple more letters to read.


First of all, I want to congratulate, K---, one of my cute YSA's, on her mission call! :) WOOHOO! I'm so proud. Look out, Missouri St. Louis Mission, Sister R--- is comin' for ya!

Secondly, Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women out there, especially my own Momma.  I know this hasn't been a very easy year for her, but look at what a gem she is! Thanks for being my superhero!

Because it was Mother's Day, I got to Skype my cute family! :) That's always a blessing when you get to see and talk to your family. I guess I'm kinda like an Elder because I got to Skype home four times! #blessed

Sister R---'s family is pretty cute too! Since one of my layovers is in Salt Lake, her parents are going to meet up with me and buy me lunch! They're precious.

Tuesday, I hit my very last month mark. No more mission birthdays for me. :/

Wednesday, we got this anonymous phone call from Arizona. When I answered the phone, it was kind of hard to hear because it sounded like a bunch of kids at some sort of party. "May I ask who this is?" I asked. "This is a bunch of random people talking to you. We found your number on a dollar bill, so we decided to call it."

Hahaha! That was pretty entertaining. We later found out that one of them was best friends with someone who was LDS. It sounded like he had taken the missionary discussions in the past and had several questions about what we do, so we're gonna try to refer him to the missionaries over there again.

Our Cruze has been causing us some troubles this week, like it won't accelerate like it should, and other issues, so the Vehicle Coordinators got permission to meet us outside of our area at 9 pm so we could get a Corolla. We didn't get back until 10 pm! That was a little weird considering we're technically supposed to be back in our apartment by 9:00 or 9:30 if we have a lesson with someone. But we got our beautiful Corolla back, so I'm happy about that.

It was so cute! A couple weeks ago, we rung the doorbell to a member's house and their little four-year-old bounced to the door to see who it was. He peaked through a little side window on the door and exclaimed, "Look, Mom! The cute ones are here!" :)

Another time, this week, another member was talking to two of her little granddaughters and said, "Now, if you're good and well behaved during church, I'll let you sit next to the sister missionaries." Both of the girls beamed, and their eyes lit up, and shouted, "YAAAAAAAAAY!" Man, I wish all people were as excited to be with the sisters as they were.

We have Family Home Evening every week at the C---'s house, and they were wondering if we would be able to watch the "Work and the Glory" trilogy. Normally, we wouldn't be able to because it's not produced by the church, but President said if we could get investigators there, we could watch them! We've already seen the first two, now we're just waiting to see the third one this week. I'm excited to see the third one since I've never seen it before!

Good day, to you all!

Sister Sommers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.