Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Not Your Everyday California Girl

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, grandmas and grandpas, and aunts and uncles of all kind! 

Thought I'd start my letter out with a good laugh. My companion and I were taking the dolly, crate, and table out of our car to take to Valley College, when a kid asks us if he could take it down to the spot where we set up. We thanked him profusely, and he went back to his truck to put something away before we left. While we were waiting, I was trying to prop the table back up on the dolly because it had fallen and was off balance and was just being held by some bungee cords. As I tried moving the table back to its original position, one of the bungees came unhooked, swung around the table, and snapped me in the leg. With teeth clenched, I turned toward Sister B--- then let out a silent scream. Sister B---'s eyes widened and asked me if I was ok. And then this happened...she laughed at me! The nerve.

And you know how people usually discover paper cuts before getting lemon juice inthem? Yeah...not me, I guess.


The other night, we were trying to contact some potentials we haven't met yet, and we just happened to find the grandparents of the guy who wrote and directed "Meet the Mormons"! Pretty cool, eh? I guess he also wrote and directed other movies like "The Paper Brigade" (another favorite) and "Wish Upon a Star".

My heart and prayers go out to the Perkins Family. Just a couple months ago, we lost a faithful and beloved husband, father, grandfather, Stake Patriarch, and friend. I just wanted his family to know that they're still in my thoughts and prayers. A little over five years ago, I had the privilege of receiving my own patriarchal blessing from him. It was one of the most special, most spiritual experiences I have ever had. Just yesterday morning, I pulled my blessing out to read. I'm so grateful for the wonderful blessings I have been promised as I live my life worthily.

Saturday morning, we had a surprise Mission Conference because Elder Hamula, who is in the Quorum of the Seventy, wanted to visit and talk to our mission. It was one of the best Mission Conferences I've had. He talked about the doctrine of "you". He discussed who we were before we came to this earth; how we were valiant warriors who loved the gospel more than anything. He talked about who we are on this earth and who we are on our missions, and who we can become. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and we can become just as He is. "Your progression of the future depends on the decisions you make now." He also talked a lot on the atonement. There is nothing broken on this earth that is beyond the healing power of the atonement. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I know this to be true. 

Have a blessed week!

Sister Sommers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.