Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Book is Blue, The Church is True, These Care are Cool

Hey everybody!

First of all, I got letters and packages from everyone under the sun! Thank you so much! :) Those who have not gotten a letter back from me, hang on team. I only have about an hour each week to write y'all.

Happy belated Valentines Day! I got to spend it with some favorites, the W---! We got to make super cute Valentine cookies for our investigators. Because cookies win hearts.

I also got to spend Valentine's with the M---'s! Their dad, D---, is a massage therapist and he was telling us this story about the time he got to give Tom Hanks a massage! There's an area where you can go outside, so Tom wanted to go outside for it. While D--- was giving him his massage, the sheet that was covering Tom blew away...WHOOPS! 

Happy belated birthday to my main Pres. Abe!

Also, I just wanna give a shout out to my girl, Chelsey Oglesby, because today is her 18th birthday!!! Yay adult! Happy Birthday Chels! We can celebrate at Handel's when I get home. :)

Happy nine months to Sister P---! You're halfway there, Hermana!
"I could have had a baby. And by the time I go home, I could have had two!"

We had Zone Conference this week. It was awesome. We talked about being bold with the commitments we leave with the people that we teach. I love President Van Cott so much! I love him more every time I see him. The things he teaches us truly are inspired by Heavenly Father. He is one of the most obedient mission presidents, and that makes us one of the most obedient missions (Obedience = Blessings). I truly believe that because I see blessings and miracles everyday. I am so grateful for an amazing mission president!

I'm also very grateful for all of you who take the time to think about me, pray for me, write me letters, or read my blogs! I feel your prayers everyday.  

You know, the Lord really knew what he was doing when he sent me here to California. There are yellow butterflies everywhere! I feel like I'm in a fantasy land! The magic of missions. I think Daniel would agree with me on that one. There are a ton of Ferrari's here. There are so many cool cars, it's a little bit ridiculous.

Speaking of cars, we were driving one day, and we saw a small car driving next to us with nine grown men inside! Hahaha! 

Ever since I've come out on my mission, I have had a deeper appreciation for the Book of Mormon. I am learning so much! It amazes me how many stories I've missed, even though I've read it all the way through
quite a few times. The feelings of the Spirit are so peaceful, and it can answer any questions you have.

Had a rough week? Go read the Book of Mormon.
Had an awesome week? Go read the Book of Mormon.
Can't decide how your week went? Go read the Book of Mormon.

Dad, this is just like your mission!
Sometimes when we knock on people's doors, we'll wait for them to come to the door, but instead we get a "WHO IS IT?!"
"It's the sister missionaries!"
"Ohhh! Come on in!"

So, that would be my week. Keep writing them letters! I just get so excited when I get to hear from you! :)

Later Skaters,
Sister Sommers

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.