Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Letters from La Quinta

Hey e'rbody!
[I guess she's still my girl :) ]


This week is transfers! I survived transfers, so I will be staying in La Quinta! Unfortunately, they're taking Sister P--- away from me. NOOOO!!! :( I'm not ready to let go of her; she seriously is like my sister! Everyone saw it coming though, and I had a feeling she would go too. Probably because she's been here for eight months. She'll be going to Fontana; the Tongan ward! We thought the ZL's were just kidding when they gave us the news because she's always joking about president sending her there. That news was pretty devastating for her since she's one of the skinniest sisters in the mission, always does hardcore workouts, and watches everything she eats. Those Tongans are gonna think she's starving, and feed her 5000 calories every meal! AND they only speak Tongan in church. At least they're super friendly! I haven't met my new companion yet, but her name is Sister W---, and I hear she's super nice. So that's a relief.
 
We've been teaching a recent convert's (J---) daughter in-law, S---. This week, S--- told us that she wants to be baptized! She hasn't committed to a date yet, but she knows this is something that she wants. She has realized how happy and patient it makes her as she reads the Book of Mormon. We are now teaching her and her husband, O---! They have two ADORABLE kids, I--- (7) and S--- (4). I--- is always talking about how he wants to be baptized when he turns eight, and how he wants to go on a mission. :) I--- just recently bought a suit, and told J---, "Is everyone gonna think I'm a missionary?" :)

Cute Story Time: a little girl in the ward, named P---, just turned four years old. When her mom asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday, she thought P--- would choose something like Disney Land.
"I want to have pizza with Jesus, at the temple!"

Every Friday, we do service for a couple hours at Martha's Thrift Store. Lots of people volunteer there, but this week, we found a volunteer, B---, who is turning 102 years old this year! And she's still totally active in everything she does. What a blessing!
 
Volunteering at 102!
Here are some interesting facts about the La Quinta ward: (1) There is a family with three Francisco's; the dad and their two sons. The sons go by Franky and Cisco, to obviously make it less confusing. (2) There is a couple in the ward named Ken and Barbie! I kid you not! (3) There are a lot of snowbirds in the ward because everyone is afraid of the snow, but there's a lady in the ward who is originally from Utah, and has some pretty big people in her ward; Mary Cook (General YW's Presidency), who, by the way, came to the La Qinta ward yesterday; Bill Mariott; Elizabeth Smart; AAAANNNNDDDD....drum roll please....Mitt Romney! I hear he's not planning on running again. Dangit!

Last month, we went to Panera Bread and met the cutest couple in the world, Y--- and M---! Y--- is from France and M--- is from Iran. I was so sad when we had to leave because I just wanted to sit and talk with them forever! Well, just a couple days ago, we were walking from a member's home, and we saw that cute couple pull into their driveway exactly before we passed by their house! Hello, miracle! They invited us inside for a glass of water because it's getting pretty hot out; 95 degrees. Now we don't have to wonder where they live anymore. MUAHAHA! We already ambushed them with chocolate chip cookies.

That's about it for this week! Stay chill, everyone...even though the east coast is finally getting warmer.

Sister Sommers     

1 comment:

  1. I want to have pizza at the temple with Jesus too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.