Tuesday, May 12, 2015

HEY YOU! YEAH YOU. YOU SHOULD READ THIS!

So...not too much happened this week, other than I got to SKYPE MY FAMILY!!! I will admit, after not seeing my family for so long, they sometimes kind of seem like a figment of my imagination. It's comforting to know that they are real human beings that love me. Sure, it's super duper nice to get emails from them every week, but it's great when I can speak directly to them. Ya'll looked real cute on screen!

It's so funny that my mom thought it was Mother's Day yesterday. Everyone knows she became a mom on January 25th!
...just kidding! 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mommy's out there, especially my own! She does SOOO much for me, and without her, I would not be the person I am today. I don't say it nearly as often as I should, but I truly mean it! My mom is #thebomb.com! Hope you all were able to talk to your mom's this week! If not, write them a letter. And if that's not possible, pray for them. Also, remember that even if you don't have kids, it doesn't make you any less of a mom if you love and care for those who look up to you. #superheros 



I remembered the other thing I was going to say from yesterday! A while back, I had a dream that Sarah came to California and walked straight into our apartment.
"Sarah! What are you doing here?"
"I had to come see you so I could tell you that I'm engaged!"
"WHAT?!"
She took me to the parking-lot, and led me to an old rusty pick-up truck. There inside, with his thick black glasses was her half white, half Asian fiance.
Watch out, Sarah. He might be comin' for ya.

Speaking of marriage, my cute ma and pops will have been married for twenty-one years, this Thursday! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! They're gettin' up there with age, so just thought I'd send a friendly reminder. :)

So tell me what's wrong with this picture. It's warm, sunny, and 95 degrees out in Ohio. It rained three days straight, this week in Cali, and the temperatures dropped down to the 60's. Thumbs-up to Mother Nature!

This week, I have thought about some of the small trials I've had to deal with in my life. Not to feel bad for myself, but because coming out on my mission has made me truly grateful for those trials. I think they have really taught me how to love, and how to have sympathy for those who may have been dealt similar cards. Life can be hard, but because of what our Savior did for us, our burdens can be made light. It's been fun seeing some of my trials become blessings in disguise. Compared to lots of people, I think I've had it pretty easy for the last twenty years. I truly believe the gospel plays the biggest part in that.

Thanks for reading yet another week in the missionary life!

Love and miss you all!

Sister Emily KaeLynn Sommers


- They say the longer you live with each other, the more you start to look like one another...Nahh!

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.