Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's a Small Mormon World, After All


Greetings, everyone!

One of the perks to serving in a YSA ward is we get to go to the temple every week and give tours on the temple grounds! HOLLA! Sorry, Disney, you're only the second happiest place on earth. After we were done giving a tour Wednesday evening, a lady came over and tapped Sister P--- from behind. Turns out she was from her home ward! Right after she and her family left, another family came through and asked if I could take their picture in front of the temple.
"Thank you so much! Where are you from?" the oldest daughter asked.
"Akron, Ohio."
"That's where my husband served his mission!"
"No way! What was his name?"
"Elder Prince."
"I know Elder Prince! He didn't serve in my ward, but I remember meeting him."

Hey guys, guess what! I accomplished something pretty big this week! I CAN TOUCH MY TOES!!! I know what you're thinking, "Wow, Sister Sommers, that's a pretty amazing trick." But for reals, I have never, in my life, been able to touch both of my feet without bending my knees. It hurts like no other, but I can do it! WOOHOO!! It's those stretches I do every morning. And all that water I drink...right mom? ;)


Saturday, I was able to attend the baptism of one of Sister P---'s past investigators. I didn't even know him, but it was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to. This kid has turned his life completely around. He had to wait a year and a half before he could get baptized because he had to take care of certain things, but he did it. The second he came out of the water, you knew he was one of the happiest people in the world. I don't remember everything about my own baptism because I was only eight, but I do remember the thoughts and feelings I had that day. My life would never be the same. My sins were washed away, and I was able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I have felt the presence of the Holy Ghost countless times in my life, but coming out on my mission has definitely helped me stay more in tune with the spirit. I can feel it when it prompts me to talk to a certain person, and I can feel it when it gives me warning signs, telling me we shouldn't be in a certain area. And that is a HUGE blessing because San Bernardino isn't the safest place in the world. I won't lie, it's pretty ghetto. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is one of the most precious gifts our Father in Heaven can give us while we are here on this earth.

Being on my mission is one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. It's awesome, but I won't lie about this either; missions are HARD. They are hard, but they are so worth it!

Stay amazing, my friends. Watch out for a miracle.

Sister Sommers 

2 comments:

  1. 🌹🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the icons on the tablet.
    🙉🙈🙊🙈🙉
    Lya
    Stay safe💗

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.