Friday, November 20, 2015

I'm So Excited and I Just Can't Hide it!


Dearest friends and family,

Wow, it has been a crazy, busy, exciting week!

First off, we had a Zone Meeting and a Zone Conference this week. We learned how we're gonna SET THIS MISSION ON FIRE! Spiritual fire, of course. The meetings really made me excited to be a missionary. Sometimes you just need that nice boost.

Wednesday, we were at Cal State, at our booth and it was SUPER windy. So windy that some of the pass along cards that were sitting on the table, flew right into my face! Do you know what it feels like to have the edge of about ten cards ripping your face to shreds? It doesn't feel very good. My companions were amused though because it looked like a scene from one of the Harry Potter movies. So basically, I'm a wizard in training.

I got a text from the AP's saying that my investigator, S---, from La Quinta was getting baptized! Woohoo! :) I would have LOVED to go back for her baptism, but it was right in the middle of Zone Conference. Laaaame! BUT she's baptized, so that's all that matters.


Guess who also got baptized. E---!!! Whoop, whoop! :) His baptism was yesterday, and quite interesting. It takes SIX HOURS to fill the 
stinking font, but we only got five hours to do it. That was not going to work because E---'s a tall guy. So the last couple of hours the font was filling, Sister P--- and I ran back and forth with a rolling cart and a huge bucket, trying to fill the font up a little more. Phew, that was exhausting, but I have to admit, it was also kinda fun. As E--- was getting baptized, he had to kneel down in the font while J--- dunked him. Haha, whatever it takes, I guess!

So yesterday was great, but also kinda sad. The Northpark YSA Ward Bishopric was released. Ugh, that was so sad. :( But I have a really good feeling about this new bishopric. We hear Bishop B--- and his wife like to "party hard". Yep, they're gonna do great with the YSA!

Today, Sister R--- (the wife of our now old Bishop) took us on the tram in Palm Springs. The tram is like this ski lift box thingamajig that can hold up to 80 people at a time. It's pretty sweet, looking at the quilt-like view from the top. We then went shopping in Palm Springs and the Cabazon Outlet Mall. Stores like Ann Taylor make me happy...but also sad because her stuff is all uber expensive and
whatnot.

Anyways, that was my week! Best wishes to you all during this coming week!

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week! Just don't lose control, even though you might like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.