Wednesday, March 9, 2016

This Ward is on FIRE!

Hello friends and family!

Just about into my fourth transfer, I had a dream that my sister got engaged. Never mind about the dream, now I'm convinced it was a vision!

MY BABY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED!!! AHHHHHH!!! HOLY COW, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?! I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT! It's a good thing I'll be coming home in the summer so I can be at the wedding!

We got to go to the temple this week. It was beautiful. Right as I entered the celestial room, Pap's funeral started. It was pretty heartbreaking for me to think about, but after a few minutes, this overwhelming sense of peace and love washed right over me. At that moment, I knew that everything was going to be okay.

A few weeks ago, I bought this homeless couple some lunch. I probably won't do that again as a missionary, at least because we're poor, but it felt good to do it. They gladly accepted the lunch, but didn't really seem like they appreciated it that much. I think that's how we sometimes are when Heavenly Father blesses us. We'll take the blessings as they are, but we don't take the time to truly thank him.

Within that same week, we had been talking to someone we had just met, and right before we were about to leave, he handed us $100! Now we're RICH! Just kidding. There was no way we were taking that money, especially after seeing his living circumstances. People are just so nice!


The Desert Hot Springs Ward is on FIRE! I feel like all they want to do is missionary work! Yesterday, at church, it seemed like all day people were trying to get our attention with referrals and wanting to come out with us. It was like being followed around by the paparazzi. Man, it's kind of exhausting, but in a more awesome kind of way. They also love to feed us. Like...they love to feed us a lot! Oh boy. Forget about gracefully coming down the airport escalator, I'll be ROLLING my way down.

Last night, a couple from England, the W---'s, fed us a delicious dinner and had invited two other couples. See what I mean! They're like butter...they're on a roll! :) Ha, get it? They are so cute with their English accents, so I told them I needed to hear them sing some songs from "My Fair Lady". They couldn't remember how any of the songs went, so I reminded them by singing, "...lots of chocolate for me to eat..." in the best English accent I could fake. As I started to sing, Brother W--- jumped right in with me. That was awesome.

Well sorry, I feel like this email was just filled with mostly random, scattered things, but they're my random, scattered things so it's okay.

Have a stupendous week!

Sister Sommers


Umm...guys, I'm still here. 

[If you would like to write to Sister Sommers before she comes home in JUST 10 WEEKS, let me (Katrina) know and I will give you her address.]

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your random thoughts; they are awesome! So is your ward. It's so good to hear that they are giving you so many referrals.

    Also, in that picture of you above, you look so much like your mom. That's where your awesome comes from. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.