Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Isn't That the Truth?

Hola, amigos!

Happy Spring!

Busy, busy, busy! That is my life.

First of all, I just wanna give a big shoutout to my dad and little brother because their birthdays are this week! YAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY X 2!!!

My next shoutout goes to my momma. This week, she will have been a member for 23 years!

And last, but not least, a shoutout to one of the coolest YSA's around, J--- C---, because he just got his mission call to the Texas, Fort Worth Mission! WOOHOO!!! I am so proud. :')

AND I hope you all had a snazzy St. Patrick's Day! Corned beef and cabbage, that's the way I roll.


Wednesday, we went on exchanges and I got to go to Spanish land with Hermanas J--- and E---. I love them! It was pretty interesting though; even though I hardly even knew what words they were speaking because all I took was high school Spanish, I still knew what they were talking about. The gift of tongues is so real. What's even more real is the Spirit. The Spirit was exactly the same. Isn't that just amazing? Definitely a big testimony builder right there.

While on exchanges, the hermanas were telling me they had just been attacked by a German Shepard a week ago. Hermana B--- stuck a Book of Mormon in its mouth and ran to open the gate. The dog spit the book out, then got Hermana E---'s wrist and Hermana J---' leg. They later found out the dog had not received his shots and the owner didn't even seem that apologetic about it. Some people... Heavenly Father was really protecting them that day because all they had were just scrapes from the dog's teeth. I'm pretty sure that dog could have gone all the way through. There were definitely holes in that Book of Mormon.

Right after exchanges, we received a letter from the First Presidency saying that all the missionaries would be ALLOWED TO VOTE! WHAAAAT???? Heck, how am I supposed to do that when I don't even know who's running? It's funny though because it was just a couple weeks ago that President was reminding everyone not to get involved in politics. I guess the prophet thinks otherwise.

I am LOVING the new Easter initiative! We're coming up with some great ideas to get the Ward more involved. We're taking pictures of all the members with photos of the their ancestors and other old possessions along with a "#hallelujah" sign, and then having them post it online with their testimonies about the resurrection and family history work. It's pretty sweet! It really makes me want to do my family history. I invite all of you to do the same. I would love to see your photos and read your testimonies.


We were walking in one of the trailer parks, when we saw a lady and her mom looking at the flowers outside of their house. We introduced ourselves and asked if we could show them a two-minute video
(#hallelujah). Sitting in her walker, the mom looked at us, then spotted the Book of Mormon's we were holding.
"Umm...I'm not Mormon," she said getting up.
"It's not just for Mormons, it's for everyone."
"Everyone who's not Mormon, right?"
It was obvious she wanted nothing to do with us, but after a little persisting, she finally gave in. Both her and her daughter's eyes locked on my screen as the video played. By the end, both looked at us
with tear-filled eyes. The white haired woman sighed, "Isn't that the truth?"

So that video is amazing, but have you also seen this one? My word, the church is genius!

World's Largest Virtual Hallelujah Chorus
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2016-03-3000-worlds-largest-virtual-hallelujah-chorus?lang=eng

Happy Easter next Sunday! I am so grateful for a Savior who willingly suffered for my pains and sins as well as the rest of the world, and that he gave His life for us. He did it because he wants us all to return home. And on the third day, he rose from the grave. That means we too will be resurrected. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have, that it is because of Him that we can live with our families for
eternity. I know that my redeemer lives.


And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 

And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. (Alma 7:11-12)

Have a wonderful, blessed week!

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.