Saturday, April 2, 2016

He is Risen!

Heyyy friends and fam!

GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!!!

Absolutely no time to stop! Wow, I am so exhausted.

Hope everyone had a super Easter! I sure did. Thanks for the package, mom! Those Thin Mints won't stay in their box for very long.

Easter is so awesome on your mission! You get to teach and testify of the Savior and no one even gets mad because they're all in the Easter Spirit.


On Easter Sunday we celebrate the most long-awaited and glorious event in the history of the world.

It is the day that changed everything.
On that day, my life changed.
Your life changed.
The destiny of all God’s children changed.
On that blessed day, the Savior of mankind, who had taken upon Himself the chains of sin and death that held us captive, burst those chains and set us free. Because of the sacrifice of our beloved Redeemer, death has no sting, the grave has no victory, Satan has no lasting power, and we are “begotten … again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” Truly, the Apostle Paul was correct when he said we can “comfort one another with these words.” - Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "The Gift of Grace"

We were at a lady's house, giving her a bible she had just ordered, and then let us come in. The TV was on, so I asked her what she was watching. She was watching "Passion of the Christ." I had heard so many things about how this movie did such a great job mirroring Christ's crucifixion. The movie kinda looked a little dark. I asked her if she could please turn it off, but instead, she just turned it down. Ugh...talk about distracting! Curiosity got the better of me, so occasionally, I would glance over at the screen. That last glance before stepping out the door was all it took. I soon came to the realization that I could probably live without seeing it. I never saw the scene of the crucifixion, and I didn't want to, but other parts are scarred in my memory. It's comforting to know that I don't have to watch something that graphic, and still be grateful for His sacrifice.

Many of you may have heard about the bombing in Brussels. Four LDS missionaries, three elders and one sister, were injured in the bombing. It is quite miraculous though because they were right next to it when it happened, and none of their injuries were life threatening. Truly, the Lord sends His angels to protect His servants.

I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS ALLERGIC TO PEAS!!! IT'S A REAL THING!

A lot of the snowbirds flew home back to Canada this morning. Gee, I sure am going to miss them! We'll just have to go to Canada sometime. It works because most of them border Kalispell, Montana! Dad won't argue much about that. :)

Women's Conference was the bomb diggity! Now all I want to do is go out and serve...even though I'm already kind of doing that. I thought is was too short, it flew by so fast! Well, it's a good thing we have GENERAL CONFERENCE THIS WEEKEND! WOOHOO!!!
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?lang=eng

GO LISTEN TO THE PROPHET!!!

Yesterday, when we were getting out of the car to go to our dinner, I reached down to grab my......oh no. Where's my bag? I looked in the back seat. No bag. I looked in the trunk. No bag. I finally said a quick prayer that wherever my bag was that it would be kept safe and that I would be able to find it. After dinner, we went straight back to the apartment. Still no bag. It's crazy though because even through all the searching and failing to find it, I felt total peace about it. I knew that everything was going to be ok. I knew that somehow I would get my purse back. That's something that I've realized over the course of my mission. When I lose something but feel peace about it, I know that I'm going to get it back. No freaking out needed! What a blessing. We searched outside and came around the front of our apartment to find a note placed in the front security door with my name on it. Someone had found my purse! I called the number they left on the note, and within a few minutes, a couple came to us with my bag. They told us they had found it in a grassy area an hour before. That was around the same time I had prayed. I then remembered leaving it in that spot because we were taking pictures. Silly me. Heavenly Father really takes care of His missionaries.

Transfers are coming up! Wait, what? But transfers JUST happened! HOLY MOLY, THIS IS MY LAST TRANSFER! WHAT? It's ok, Sister Sommers, just breathe.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Sister Sommers

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.