Monday, April 25, 2016

"How far do you think that plane is? Three weeks away."

Greetings, earthlings,

This has been one of the craziest weeks on the mission! For reals, though.

Monday, the C---'s took us to La Quinta to take us out to Mongolian Grill. Yumm! It was weird being back in my greenie area. I was so tempted to go see all of my people!


Tuesday, we were driving from our District Meeting in Palm Springs and then remembered to confirm our dinner appointment. I dialed the number and put it on speaker. We were both trying to figure out what she was saying and got distracted for two seconds, when I picked my head up to see we were going straight for the car in front of us. My companion slammed on the breaks, but it was too late. Oh, SNAP! We got out of the car to make sure the two ladies in front of us were ok. Thankfully, they were, and were very nice and understanding about it. Even the officer who stopped by was the nicest policeman I've ever met. Their car was a little scratched up...well, actually, you could see imprints of our Toyota sign and some of our license plate, so even if it was a hit-and-run, we would've easily been caught. And then our bumper was kind of coming off, so we had to trade our beautiful Corrolla for a Cruze. Oh well, I'm just grateful we have a car AND that everyone was ok. I'm pretty sure we got into that accident because Satan knew we were going to the temple that evening.

Yes! We got to go to The sealing! It was beautiful. IAs they entered the sealing room, they were both glowing and P--- was smiling from ear to ear the whole time. :) HOORAY FOR ETERNAL FAMILIES!!!

Right after the sealing, we met up with the hermanas to do my very last exchange. WHAT? What is this last exchange I'm talking about? I got to go to Spanish land again, so that was pretty fun. I still think it's sweet that the Spirit is still the same even if it's in a language you don't quite fully understand.

The night we came back from exchanges, I checked the mail...uh oh. Now, why did I have to go and do a thing like that?! As I imagine you probably have already guessed, I received my flight info as well as information on my departing temple trip and the night I spend at the mission home. This isn't even real life.

Alright everyone, keep your chins up this week, and throw your hands in the air like you just don't care. That's what I do.

Sister Sommers



1 comment:

  1. Glad that everyone was okay in that accident. What an amazing blessing to be able to attend the sealing of someone you had worked with! Time is flying, but there is still time for more teaching. We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Love, Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.