Tuesday, April 28, 2015

TRANSFERS, AND REPTILES, AND BREAK-IN'S...OH MY!

Hey everyone! Crazy week!

So this week is transfer week...and guess what...I'm being transferred! AHHHH! I don't know how I feel about this! I can't leave La Quinta! It's like leaving home all over again! :( But I have a good feeling about this one. I'm now going to be serving in the Northpark YSA ward in San Bernardino. Everyone was so jealous that I'm being sent to a YSA ward. I hear it's a lot of fun working with them. So that's exciting! Another plus is my new companion is Sister P---. I've never met her, but all I hear is good things about her. I can't even tell you how much of a relief that is. The only part I'm nervous about is we're whitewashing the area! [This means that both of the missionaries are new to the area. They usually have one that's been there a while.] Maybe we could use some prayers. Maybe the La Quinta Elders too; we're not being replaced by any other missionaries. 


We went to the Stake President, Pres. M---'s house on Monday, and made a new scaly friend. President's 11-year-old son, N--- LOVES reptiles! That's all he and I ever talk about. After dinner, N---showed us the rattlesnake he caught! My first rattlesnake! It was so cool...and actually kind of scary. His rattle was louder than I thought it would be, and he tried striking at us multiple times through the cage. I'll be listening to those rattlers as I walk around.


On Saturday, all four of us got locked out of our apartment. Hahaha! We were stuck outside for an hour until the Elders came to our rescue. There was no way we could have broken in through the door, so the Elders had to break the latch of our tiny window to open it. Sister W--- crawled right through it and let us back in. Hahaha! We were secretly all hoping we would have to sleep in the chairs by the pool.

Today is P Day, so our Ward Mission Leader's wife, Sister A---, took the four of us to the zoo! Yay!! It was the first time Sister Y--- has ever gone! So much fun!


 

I'm going to miss La Quinta, Sister W---, and our roommates SO MUCH, but I know I have finished my work here, and the Lord has other plans in store for me in San Bernardino.


Until next week,

Sista EmSom
Roomies
We found our Parking Spot!


2 comments:

  1. This is the 3rd time this very non-technical person has tried to post! LOL
    I love to hear about your mission, your adventures and see your huge joyful smile!
    👍💗👍💗👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to quit posting emoticons!
      they don't come post!
      So here is my way!
      Heart Smile Heart Smile Heart
      the hearts are pink by the way!
      You go girl !!!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Sis. Sommers would LOVE to hear from YOU.